Even though the yellow lentils recipe takes 1 hour and 30 minutes to cook, it is a healthy and delicious meal for lazy cooks. If you haven’t tried this recipe, it is the time!
Remember, you can always read the story behind the recipe, or you can directly jump to it at the end of the blog!
Yellow Lentils Recipe ="LAZY COOKS" and
TIME: 1 hour and 30 minutes!?
First, the mentioned time is for four servings. The fewer the servings, the less time is needed to cook this rich in Iron meal.
Second, it is for busy people who need to multitask. An example of a housewife with two kids and a job, she will have other house chores besides cooking. She can use this recipe to manage her time finely.
Add a One-pot Recipe to Your Weekly Meal Plan.
A choice for lunch, dinner, or a side dish if you have a food party. Did I mention that this recipe is a one-pot recipe?
For cooks who love one-pots, enjoy making the yellow lentils recipe, aka Mujaddara Safra by the Lebanese language.
Add the yellow lentils recipe to your weekly meal plan to benefit the Iron richness and delicate taste.
Crushed Yellow Lentils - Mujaddara Safra
- Wooden spoon
- 1½ cups Yellow lentils soaked
- ½ cup Egyptian rice soaked
- 2 pcs Onion medium
- 1½ tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Salt
- Wash the yellow lentils and the rice well, until you notice clear water.
- Soak the lentils and rice in warm or hot water for 30 minutes at least
- Mince the onion.
- To a pot, add the olive oil and the onion.
- Stir until the onion becomes brownish.
- Add the soaked rice and lentils mixture.
- Add 1.5 liters or 8 cups of water.
- Close the pot until they boil.
- After boiling, lower the heat and simmer.
- Check on them now and then to stir the mixture.
- Add the salt when the water disappear and mix well.