I love one-pot recipes! I bet you do too. Potatoes & meat is a hot meal for a rush hour during a busy day. Tasty, nutritious, and easy to make.
You can easily find its ingredients in your kitchen too.
About Potatoes & Meat
My husband came up with this recipe when I had no idea what to cook for the day. On that day, I also had too many chores to do throughout the day. Hence, we had a late lunch – dinner.
This recipe took only 1 hour to prepare and cook. If you have someone to cooperate with inside your kitchen, I assure you it will take less time.
- Minced meat
- Green bell pepper (optional, but recommended for the taste.)
- Green chili (optional)
- Tomato paste
- Soy sauce
- Paprika powder(optional)
- Black pepper powder
- Vegetable oil
- Olive oil
You can cook potatoes & meat recipes in any way you want. I found this the easiest one.
When my husband came up with this recipe, we made it for the first time with few ingredients. The second time we made potatoes and meat, I added the rest of the ingredients to make it more delicious.
However, you are free to remove some ingredients from the recipe, but I highly recommend the ingredients mentioned.
The ingredients above give it a unique taste and more nutrients.
You can remove the green bell pepper, the soy sauce, and the green chili.
It would be only meat, potatoes, and tomatoes.
It sounds boring to me since the yummy flavors are gone. And it has fewer nutrients now.
Regardless, many people will care less about the taste as the hunger.
The main reason I mentioned this section is because of my husband. He is one of those who doesn’t care what he is eating as long as it is tasty and fast.
It is for rush hour!
Turn it Vegetarian! Aka Without Meat
With the same ingredients but without meat, it is flavorful too!
You may add minced garlic with the golden onion. Moreover, add some yellow and red bell peppers too.
You may add them with the green bell pepper step. In this way, their flavor will stick to the recipe.
We tried the vegetarian version when my sister came over, and we needed a snack that night. Since she doesn’t prefer meat, I made her the vegetarian potato. She loved it, and I was proud since I had no clue what I was cooking.
Potato and Minced Meat
- Frying Potato Pan
- Wooden spoon
- 250 g Potatoes cubed
- 250 g Meat minced
- ¾ cup Onion small chops
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 150 g Green Capiscum small chops
- 20 g Green Chilli (Optional) tiny chunks
- 200 g Tomatoes ripe and diced
- 1 tbsp Tomato paste
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce less salt
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Black Pepper powdered
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- Peel the potatoes and wash them.
- Chop the potatoes into cubes.
- Light up the heat under your frying oil.
- Chop the onion into small pieces.
- Chop the green capiscum into small pieces.
- Chop the green chili into small chunks if you are using it.
- Chop two medium ripe tomatoes if you are using fresh ones.
- Half-fry the cubed 200g of potatoes and let aside.
- In another pot, add 1 tbsp of sunflower oil with the chopped green capiscum and chopped green chilli.
- Stir frequently for 2 to 3 minutes, until you notice that they are becoming half dead.
- Add the chopped onion and stir together for 3 minutes.
- After 6 minutes, add the 200g minced meat.
- Add the olive oil, salt, black pepper, and the paprika powders.
- Mix well under medium heat and cook for 5 to 10 minutes until you realize the great texture of the meat.
- Add the diced tomatoes and the 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Mix well slowly and under low heat for 1 minute.
- Add a half cup of water and mix.
- As soon as you see the water boiling, add 1 tbsp of soy sauce and mix.
- Add the half-fried potatoes and mix gently.
- Close the pot and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Serve with rice aside and enjoy!