Egyptian rice with vermicelli is a main-side dish in the Arabs world! We eat it with everything.
Our ancestors used to cook rice with meat, vegetables, fish, legumes, and other food.
However, you can jump to the recipe right away, or you can relish the knowledge I will mention.
Regardless, you can cook your side dish rice in many ways.
In my recipe, I explained the easiest way to cook it. Plus, I added vermicelli to give it that delicious texture and look.
Furthermore, you can steam your rice, air fry it, or use my way with some vegetable oil.
I am not interested in vaporizing or air frying my rice since I am at home and not in a restaurant; in addition, I don’t have the machines. I use a pot and a wooden spoon to keep it simple.
Egyptian rice or short-grain white rice has the most calories than rice in general. Despite that, it doesn’t contain many calories, especially when you eat it as a side dish. You will eat less than one cup for sure!
Another fact about rice is that you can cook it with chicken or beef broth instead of water. If you do so, you will have a pot of rice rich in nutrients.
The Rules of Rice
Did you know that rice has rules to be perfect?
Abiding by the rules that I will mention will create the perfect rice texture. Therefore, you can re-heat it using a pot without ruining it.
- Don’t open the pot while cooking rice.
- Soak your rice at least 10 minutes before you cook.
- Fry your rice with a little bit of oil if you’re not using vermicelli. If you are, fry it a little with vermicelli. You can view the exact method in the recipe below.
- For every 1 cup of short-grain rice, use one and a half cups of water or broth.
- If your broth is hot, it is okay to cook the rice in the same way.
There is not much to mention for this recipe because it is familiar and easy. If you have any questions, you can contact me on Telegram or write them in the comments below.
Vermicelli Egyptian Rice
- Wooden spoon
- 1 cup Rice Egyptian rice
- ½ cup vermicelli
- 1½ tbsp oil sunflower, vegetable
- 1½ tsp salt
- 2 cups water
- Wash your cup of rice until the water becomes clear.
- Soak the rice in water for 15 minutes, then get rid of the water.
- In a pot, put the oil and the vermicelli.
- Stir frequently until the vermicelli's color becomes medium brown.
- Add your soaked rice, 1 tsp of salt and mix for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of water and mix.
- Close the pot, lower the heat to the maximum, and leave it for 25 to 30 minutes.
The vapor and the pot's heat are essential to the perfect rice texture. The rice must not be sticky or crunchy. It will have this perfect texture that you will know when you see it.
There are many different ways to cook your rice. I love this one because you can re-heat your rice in a pan or pot whenever you need it. Tell me about your way or another way to cook the rice in the comments section. It would be awesome to share.